Who are my key contacts in the building process?
How long will it take to build my house?
- Sales Consultant: who will work with you to find the right home for your lifestyle and budget
- Site Manager: who will update you weekly on the progress of your home and assist in answering any questions you may have along the way
From the signing of your Building Agreement and payment of your deposit through to completion of your home, you should allow between 44-47 weeks depending on the size and complexity of your home. We can break these time frames down as follows, but please note these time frames are guidelines only.
After you have confirmed your final design, the Building Agreement is signed and you have paid your deposit:
- Up to 5 working days from signing of your Building Agreement to a handover meeting with our architect
- Depending on how many changes you make to your contract drawings and the impact of those on engineering requirements, up to 6 weeks for processing and administration in preparation for your Building Consent Application*
- 6-10 weeks for the Council to issue your Building Consent
- The time from uplift of Building Consent to onsite works beginning will be recorded in your Building Agreement
- 20-22 weeks to complete building your home and handover to you
- It can take up to 4 weeks for the Council to issue the Code Compliance Certificate
- Please add up to 4 additional weeks if your home is in any part of the above process during Christmas